From time to time we make releases of our software available to the general public before it’s "final" or deemed ready for public release. Here you will find versions of our software that is currently available in this pre-release form.
We strive for a high level of quality in these releases, but there is inherently more risk than with release-grade software. As ever, you should take care to back up the application’s data before testing out pre-release software.
If you find bugs or have other feedback to provide after testing our pre-release products, please contact us directly via email.
Thank you for your help!
Currently we are offering a pre-release update to MarsEdit, our desktop blog editing application for the Mac. Details below.
MarsEdit 3.5b11 - Download Now
Changes since 3.4.4:
- Media Manager enhancements
- Add support for browsing Lightroom 4 libraries
- Bug fixes for improved reliability
- Post Editor enhancements
- A number of improvements to Rich Text editor to address minor formatting bugs
- Unified Formatting menu layout for HTML and Rich Text modes
- Custom Formatting Macros now work in Rich Text mode as well as HTML mode
- Draggging an image to the post editor now causes inserted image to go to expected target location in text
- Fixed performance issues that could cause very slow typing in some configurations
- Fixed keyboard-based text selection in the HTML editor to avoid getting stuck on line endings
- Fix a slight mismatch in background color between Rich and HTML Text editing modes
- Work around hanging issues with External Editing in some apps
- Tumblr-specific enhancements
- Added support for server-stored Drafts
- Fixed Word Count feature to work properly with Tumblr Quote and Chat posts
- Revised Tumblr interface for Chat-style posts to prevent formatting problems
- Other changes
- New support for unicode characters in URLs
- Fixed an issue where uploaded attachments would fail without prompting for password on authentication errors
- Added support for authenticated proxy servers
- Prevent a crash that occurred when working with Blog.de system’s categories
- Improved XML sanitizing to increase compatibility with malformed blog content
- Fix a bug that prevented locally added tags from becoming part of the tag-suggestion history