MarsEdit 3.1.6 is now available for direct update for customers who purchased through the Red Sweater Store. A Mac App Store version has been submitted and will hopefully be approved by Apple soon. Update: as of February 3, MarsEdit 3.1.6 is available on the Mac App Store.
Important aside for App Store customers: I am working on a solution that will, in the future, allow those of you who bought through the Mac App Store to also run newer releases before Apple has approved them. Until then, hold tight for Apple to approve this release. Things will get better!
This is an incremental bug-fix release and addresses a number of small nuisances and some rare crashes.
- Media manager and image upload improvements
- Use a nicer format for default alt text description
- Fix the file extension of image file name to match the actual format
- Fix a bug where e.g. PNG images were converted to JPG when resizing
- Auto-convert image formats not suitable for web to PNG
- Fix a possible crash when searching for photos
- Fixed the Convert Line Breaks filter so it doesn’t add paragraph tags to preformatted text
- Fix an occasional crash when doing a global search/replace
- Fix possible crash when mistyping keyboard shortcuts in the app
- Add a special error message for situations where Tumblr is not responsive