Update: Unfortunately a major crashing bug required an urgent fix and release of MarsEdit 3.5.8.
This update includes long-awaited support for recognizing and setting the post statues “Private” and “Pending” on a WordPress blog. This is especially important because previous to 3.5.7, edits by MarsEdit to a private or pending post would cause WordPress to assume that the post should be changed to “Published” status, potentially revealing private information.
Apart from that there are a number of minor improvements and bug fixes including performance fixes for WordPress that should cause publishing and refreshing to be somewhat faster. Folks who use keyboard layouts with non-Roman characters will appreciate a fix to a bug that caused keyboard shortcuts to stop working when switched to e.g. a Thai or Greek layout.
Complete change list below:
- Improve performance when publishing to WordPress
- Support for WordPress Private and Pending post statuses
- Use Mac localized sorting for better organizing in posts lists
- Fix behavior of formatting keyboard shortcuts in non-Roman keyboards
- Fix a bug that caused dates to incorrectly display as e.g. “Tomorrow” when they should be “Today”
- Fix handling of bookmarklet requests when the app is not yet launched
- Fix a graphical glitch in the Media Browser introduced in 3.5.6
- Avoid a crash with Tumblr when exceeding their daily photo posting limit