I’ve been fixing bugs and adding little tweaks to Black Ink, my nifty crossword solving application. Looks like they really piled up and it’s definitely time for a release!
Version 1.1.7 includes some fixes to the default puzzle source configuration, and a number of bug fixes ranging from minor to fairly significant.
- Fix the Chronicle of Higher Education source
- Remove Syndey Morning Herald – the paper has stopped publishing new puzzles
- Fix a bug that could cause downloads to stop working until relaunching the app
Bug fixes and minor improvements
- Can now hover over a long puzzle title to see a tool tip window with the entire content
- Fix a visual bug with “Open As Unsolved” when the puzzle is already open
- Fix a bug that prevented numeric answers from being checked correctly
- Fix a bug that caused direction to change abruptly in puzzle that starts in “down” mode
Multi-character answer improvements
- When revealing a multiple character answer, make sure the “revealed” color applies to all characters
- Fix check-as-you-type for multi-character answers
- Enter Multiple Letters menu item is now called “Enter Special Letters”
- After entering multiple character answer, now jumps to next square same as when entering single
- Fix a bug that caused reveal/correct to fail on some multi-character answers