WYSIWYG?
  • I know this topic has to be on the tips of a lot of users' tongues. From a previous thread over at NewsGator I understand that there is some kind of an Apple framework for you to add WYSIWYG?

Right now one of the difficulties I have when drafting in ME is that creating an ordered or unordered list is very very involved. So involved that I essentially make the list in the WP admin and paste it back into ME.

I really don't care if it's an embedded WYSIWYG with live editable previews but it would be nice if formatting with the various standard tags could be made easier via GUI.
  • Definitely there's a fine-line with regard to WYSIWYG support. This goes along with your other post about how varying the needs of users are. On one hand it would be nice for MarsEdit to completely suit the blog author who doesn't know even basic HTML. On the other hand, I don't want to reimplement DreamWeaver :)

But I agree that something as simple as a list should be easier, and I'll add that along with some other HTML tags that I hope to improve support for.

Thanks!
    Daniel
  • Thanks, just the standard html formatting and positioning as buttons would do just fine. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of an open-source or Apple provided framework that would make all our lives easier.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!