Can't use marsedit at all -- strange crash
  • I had the marsedit demo a long time ago, and now that I actually have a job I bought a copy of the full version -- but I can't use it. Every time I try to retrieve posts from my blog (service: blogger) or try to make a new post, I get a blank error message (well, ".") and marsedit closes.

Is this because blogger changed in the interim, or am I the only one with this problem? If the former, I guess I'd like my money back; if the latter, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • From the comment of his blog http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/283/marsedit-113#comments

Daniel said:
    The new blogger problems are not yet fixed, but I’m hacking away at it, and undestand the problem now. MarsEdit needs to support a special Google authentication protocol, which I’m currently adding support for.
  • Ah, alright. Thanks.
  • Hi Takaaki. Thanks for chiming in while I was slow to reply :) I was out of town for a couple days.

Ben - yeah the situation with Blogger is sad right now, but it's QUICKLY going to be rectified. I'm really pretty far along with "New Blogger" support and hope to be coming out with an update soon that addresses this major shortcoming.

Thanks,
    Daniel
  • Cool. Nevermind about the money-back thing then.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!