Remember Layout
  • The window menu has "remember layout", which doesn't seem to do anything. Is this a way to automatically re-open routines?
  • Hi vanity - the Remember Layout feature is for causing the particular routine you're looking at to reopen at its current window size, column organization, etc. You have to save the routine to disk and reopen to make it work.

However, to answer your question no there isn't currently a way to automatically reopen routines with FlexTime alone. This is something that is on feature request list, and in the mean time some people have worked around it by automating the process of opening FlexTime with an AppleScript that opens all the routines they care about.

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel, where can I find this? "This is something that is on feature request list, and in the mean time some people have worked around it by automating the process of opening FlexTime with an AppleScript that opens all the routines they care about."
  • Hi bb13 - I don't know if I am sure what you're asking? I think the app will remember open documents now. Have you tried just quitting and reopening FlexTime to see if the windows that are were there before pop open again?
  • Thanks for replying, Daniel. I'm running FT version 1.2.7b2 and I only can get "untitled routine" every time I open the app.
  • Oh, and I was looking for the applescript that opens the routines.
  • Daniel, where can I find the applescripts to open routines mentioned in your comment from Nov 2009 ---- "automating the process of opening FlexTime with an AppleScript that opens all the routines they care about."
  • Sorry for the delay in responding. I missed these responses somehow.

I don't have an archive of the scripts in question - It was something I have heard anecdotally about people doing. But the gist of it would be a script with a series of commands like:

tell application \"FlexTime\"
    open POSIX file \"/Users/daniel/Documents/FlexTime Documents/MyRoutine.flextime\"
    end tell

Where the path (between quotes) would be the path to a document on your Mac.

Daniel
  • Great! Thanks, Daniel. I got that to work and assigned the script to a hotkey. I'm still getting the "untitled routine" coming up (along with my chosen routines), is there any way to prevent that routine from appearing every time I open flextime?
  • I'm not sure if there is a way - it might be a bug I need to look into. You might be able to script closing it though:

tell application \"FlexTime\"
    set untitledDoc to missing value
    try
    set untitledDoc to document \"Untitled Routine\"
    end try
    if (untitledDoc is not missing value) then
    close untitledDoc
    end if
    end tell

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!