Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MarsEdit for the iPad?

2»

Comments

• Been using Marsedit for nearly a year. Works better than anything else for both Typepad and WordPress blogs. Have a new iPad2 and this is my vote for a port of Marsedit to the iPad...
  • Hej Daniel,

any NEWS about the MarsEdit iPad App? I was wondering how many People prefer for this port, as an App for the iPad. :)

Hope you have some news to that.

Greetings from Germany.
  • Hi - no news I'm afraid. I tend to be pretty tight-lipped about stuff that isn't ready yet, so as not to cause unmet expectations.
  • Not to beat a (I hope not) dead horse, but marsedit on the iPad would be amazing. I just downloaded the new IA writer for both the iPad and Mac and the iCloud syncing is amazing. Of what I wouldn't give to have the same functionality with marsedit!
  • Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Hey Daniel,

Not sure if you've seen this, but Stephen Hackett made the request during a homescreen post on Macsparky. (http://www.macsparky.com/blog/2011/12/9/home-screens-stephen-hackett.html).

Me too, but no pressure. :-p
  • Thanks for the link, roguemonk!
  • nonono! if there's to be an ipad app, there should be an iphone app too! for ppl like me w/o ipads you know ;)

so far i'm yet to see a satisfactory app for posting to blogger from my iphone, would love it if there's an iphone version of marsedit!
  • I am excited to release both iPad and iPhone versions of MarsEdit, eventually.
  • Eventually. Why not now?
  • cshere: Because the work of developing the apps is not done.
  • I keep checking back every few months for news. Desperately want MarsEdit on iPad and iPhone. :(
  • Hi anncardus - sorry it's taking so long. It's frustrating me, too. I just have a lot of things on my plate and as the only developer of MarsEdit I'm having trouble making it all come together quickly.
  • Oh yes MarsEdit on iPad would mean I can take a couple of other tools out of the workflow. If it supports drafts on Dropbox or iCloud even better!
  • Glad to hear you're still working on it and we know it will be worth the wait.

• Any news? Will 2012 be the year?
  • Nothing to report, I'm afraid.
  • I'd love to see this too.....
  • A plug for an ipad version!
  • I tried hard to blog on the iPad using a (cough) competing product and found that it's not really workable. A blogging software on the iPad will need to integrate a drawing program, an image editor, and a web browser into a single application. This stems from iOS's app-centric model and the absence of a user-visible filesystem which makes it hard to orchestrate multiple applications into a coherent workflow.

Considering the technical limitation of no virtual memory in iOS (which caps how much memory an app can use and indirectly limits its feature set) and the current sad state of iOS apps price war, it'll be a long shot for a blogging app to include all of these features.

I've written my futile attempt to blog on the iPad here: In Search of a Better Blogging Tool for the iPad.
  • Any news? Will 2014 be the year?
  • No news to report unfortunately. I don't know if 2014 will be the year or not. Sorry I can't offer more encouraging news.
  • Let's go 2015 as the year of MarsEdit (iPad)!