I have some questions (or maybe feature requests) regarding the Fastscripts menu:
1. There are now about 30 Apple script folders that display in the menu. With my own folders the list now often goes off the bottom of the screen. Since I seldom use most of the Apple script folders, I'd like to get them off the list. Is there a way to create an "Apple" meta-folder for these scripts ... or something?
2. In order to easily find the Applications script folder in the midst of all the Apple folders, I renamed it "*Applications". This nicely moved it to the top of the list. However, at that point the list of scripts for the selected application disappeared -- I guess because Fastscripts looks for "Applications" specifically. Is there a way to tell it to use "*Applications" instead?
Or, just as good, is there a way to force the Applications folder to be at the top of the list?
(I work around this by duplicating "Applications" as "*Applications", but this makes for extra work everytime I edit a script." I tried making an alias of Applications -- it appeared in the list but showed no contents.)
3. For some applications I have a lot of scripts. Instead of listing all of the scripts for the selected application, is there a way to just make that application's script folder appear where the list scripts appear now?
(I can work around this by putting all the scripts in a folder inside the Application's script folder, but the result is kind of clunky.)
4. If the name of a scripts folder does not exactly match the name of the applications, including the case of the letters, the scripts will not appear when the application is selected. There's nothing wrong with this, but it might be nice if Fastscripts could disregard case so that, for example, "iTunes" and "itunes" were equally acceptable.
5. Finally, I have a number of scripts that work in multiple applications. To see them in a particular application, I have to copy them to multiple application script folders. It would probably be too much to expect Fastscripts to map one script to multiple applications, but it would be nice to have a "Favorites" (or some such) list right under "Recent Scripts".
I hope this didn't sound too much like a list of complaints. I *really* like this program and use it constantly. These are just the bits that hang me up. Thanks.