Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's NY Sun puzzle

edited March 2007 in Black Ink
Black Ink dies on startup with the NY Sun puzzle for today (3/22). MacXword survives.

I'm running Mac OS 10.4.9 on a G4 MacBook.

Apart from that, the transition has been pretty smooth. The only other glitch was cosmetic: my preference for skipping to the next blank didn't work until I unset and reset the option.

Comments

• Hi Ephraim - thankfully another user reported this earlier and I was able to make a quick fix. I'm currently putting together the finishing touches on what will probably be a 1.0.1 release tomorrow with this and a couple other little bugs fixed. If you want to be daring and take a sneak peek, please download the pre-release here:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blackink/BlackInk1.0.1b1.dmg

There are a couple problems like the once you describe with skipping to next blank. This can be pretty unreliable in 1.0 but I know why and I'm in the process of fixing it!

Daniel

PS The crashing bug had to do with the NY Sun puzzle being a 15x16 puzzle grid. Guess I hadn't tested that scenario :)
  • Thanks for the snappy work. 1.0.1b1 is OK with yesterday's NYSun puzzle, but I was a little surprised that it suggested installing 1.0 as a later version.
  • Thanks - glad it fixed the NY Sun problem. Yeah, I gotta figure out what's going on with the update thing ... there's a reason it's still "b1" :) Though hopefully finalized.

Daniel