Refresh blog failed
  • I recieved this error message after a failed refresh:

"Can’t get recent posts for Sober Catholic because the server reported an error: XML-RPC Response Parsing Failed: The operation couldn’t be completed. Extra content at the end of the document"

Any resolution?

Thanks
  • Hi Paul - this is usually caused by a malfunctioning WordPress plugin, causing the response from WordPress to be corrupted in a way that MarsEdit can't parse it.

I recommend first try to upgrade all your plugins to latest versions, and if that doesn't help, see if disabling plugins helps. Then try to zero in on which one is causing on the problem.

Let me know if you think plugins are not the issue.

Daniel
  • Sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I don't think the problem is with the plugins.

I have 2 blogs, one is a sub-domain of the main blog. The sub-domain refreshes just fine, the main domain doesn't. So I figured either one or both of the plugins that are unique to the main blog would be the culprit. I just disabled those 2, and it still doesn't refresh. I then deleted them, and nope, still doesn't refresh.

Help!
  • Paul - this is probably very specific to your blog and may be better handled by emailing me support@red-sweater.com. Either way, I think the next step is to grab a network log to get a better look at what's going on.

1. Open MarsEdit
    2. Select Window -> Network Log from the menu bar.
    3. Clear the log if it's not already empty.
    4. Try to refresh the blog again from MarsEdit.
    5. Copy the network log contents.

Daniel
  • OK, I just did that, now I'll send you the Network log right now.
  • For the benefit of those following along, it seemed that the issue was caused by an out-of-memory issue on Paul's server, because the number of posts being downloaded was set very high. In this kind of situation, the server can either be configured to allow a higher PHP RAM limit, or the number of posts to download must be reduced.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!