Get Recent Posts Error on Tumblr
  • Hello,

Anytime I try to refresh one of my Tumblr accounts (and only this particular one), I get a "Get Recent Posts Error" Here's a screenshot of the error.

http://www.danielgenser.com/tumblr-get-recent-posts.jpg

Interestingly, when I published a new post, my post did go through, but I still got this error.

I looked at this post, but clearing the Network Logs and refreshing did not help. http://www.red-sweater.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1266

Anyone know what's up?
  • This is presumably a side-effect of the massive outage Tumblr had last month. They seem to be shutting down access to the API as a measure to decrease demands on the site. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me because the API requests are probably less demanding in general than using the web interface.

I am frustrated about this on behalf of my users who rely on the API access. It would probably be useful for any affected users to email support@tumblr.com and let them know that the failure of the API is cramping your style.

Daniel
  • Thanks for the quick reply! I'll email Tumblr. Maybe we can offer them a bake sale to buy servers. :-)
  • Darn, this is disappointing, I'm having this problem as well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/245237/Screen Shot.png

Ironically, I purchased MarsEdit from the Mac App Store today because I have lost three posts due to tumblr having an outage while I was writing them in their browser window. Ha, now it seems tumblr's outages have gotten me once again! I'm emailing their support as soon as I finish this post.

I do like what I've seen of MarsEdit so far (and the fact that it likes Markdown, which I'm learning) so I hope this problem is resolved soon.

I guess I'm still able to draft and make successful posts though right? Here's hoping that Tumblr gets their act together!
  • Hi Brandon - I'm really sorry this is how you had to experience MarsEdit for the first time! This is an unusual situation because Tumblr is flakey lately with its support for 3rd party clients like MarsEdit. I am hoping that it will get back to full speed soon.

Daniel
  • Thanks for the response, Tumblr did reply to me saying they are aware of it and working on it, so we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I made my first post with MarsEdit and it worked flawlessly! I really appreciate the Markdown preview menu (which helps me catch my mistakes before posting, ha still learning the syntax) and the media manager made uploading images really easy.

I look forward to using MarsEdit from here on out!
  • Awesome to hear!
  • Daniel:

I too have been having this issue and am also a recent MarsEdit convert.

I dropped a message to Tumblr expressing my dis-satisfaction as well. I told them "I'd rather switch services than give up my MarsEdit."
  • Hi ckramer - glad to hear! I hope Tumblr fixes up its API support soon.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!