Custom HTML style
  • I have a some CSS that I use for displaying 'code' that is preformatted on a Wordpress blog. I use the tags to mark the text in MarsEdit.

I write posts in MMD in the HTML window.

----------------------
    This is some text

Test Line 1

Test Line 2

Closing Text
    ----------------------

When I convert from HTML to Rich Text and back to HTML (thus running the MMD parser although there is no MMD markup here ) I get this:

This is some text

Test Line 1

Test Line 2

Closing Text

I can see that that the parser is automatically adding the paragraph tags to line and that is a good thing. Is there a way I can suppress this within the code markup ?

Or have I missed a better solution ?

greg
  • Hmm, I don't think there is any way for you to prevent this. This is probably a bug in MarsEdit. I'm adding to my list to look into it and hopefully get it fixed ASAP! Sorry for the hassle.
  • Thanks.

On balance, I would rather have the paragraph tags automatically generated, but the same problem occurs within
     tags and make representing code painful (without a specific code colouring plugin - which doesn't work for router configurations anyway). 

greg
  • I'm looking into this now, hopefully will get it fixed for both pre and code tags.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!