1.1.6 - RPC Error 400 when posting to Blogger blogs
  • Using 1.1.6 I am unable to post to any of my Blogger blogs. 1.1.5 seemed to work fine.

    The only error I see returned in the RPC log is 400. Here is a snippet of the log file.

    D

    =-=-=-=-=-


    RPC message sent: 2007-03-26 10:32:34 -0700
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/132777/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    RPC reply received: 2007-03-26 10:32:34 -0700
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/132777/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    Status code: 400
    Succeeded: NO
    --Fault Error--
    Fault code: 400
    Fault string:
    Request text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>




    MarsEdit


    Response text:
  • I see a similar error posting to Blogger with 1.1.6. The blogger site's web form works fine for posting. That hints (but doesn't show) that it's not a server availability problem.
  • Oh boy - what have I done. Just what I don't want to do is post yet another "dot update for Blogger bugfix" :)

    But I will do so if warranted. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is my top priority now.

    Daniel
  • Thanks for reporting this issue so quickly. I've straightened out the bug and released another update.

    Please upgrade to MarsEdit 1.1.7 to restore Blogger posting functionality!

    Thanks,
    Daniel
  • I tried with 1.1.7 and have the same problem.
  • hmelman: Can you confirm in the about box that it's 1.1.7, and that nothing weird happened in the software update or whatnot that prevented the upgrade from working?

    I just reconfirmed by downloading from the web site and reposting to my Blogger test blog, that the bug seems fixed. If you're still having problem it might be something different. Can you please paste or email the contents of your RPC Console (clear it just before sending the post, for a more consise report).

    Is anybody else still having trouble with 1.1.7?

    Thanks!
    Daniel
  • The about box says 1.1.7 (246), I had restarted MarsEdit.

    RPC message sent: 2007-03-26 20:30:27 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    RPC reply received: 2007-03-26 20:30:27 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    Status code: 200
    Succeeded: YES
    Response text:
    [Google authentication information hidden for security protection]

    RPC message sent: 2007-03-26 20:30:27 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    RPC reply received: 2007-03-26 20:30:28 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    Status code: 400
    Succeeded: NO
    --Fault Error--
    Fault code: 400
    Fault string:
    Request text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>


    the first chapter of Andrew Cockburn's new book Rumsfeld. Looks good.
    ]]>
    MarsEdit


    Response text:
  • I redownloaded from the web site (not using Check for Update) and still have the same problem. PowerBook G4 10.4.9. Thanks for your quick responses.
  • Thanks for going through the sanity checks :) I figured out what was wrong based on your RPC Log. Apparently there is something broken with the way MarsEdit is constructing the "categories/labels" for the post. Blogger is balking at this.

    This is another very serious problem, and I am going to fix it soon. Hopefully after we get these growing pains out of the way, things will be a lot more stable with Blogger. These problems cropped up as a result of my trying to make the Blogger support more "industry standard," but obviously I messed up some important aspects of that.

    Stay tuned here for more details. I'll probably post a beta for Blogger users this time just to make sure we get all the kinks ironed out before yet another update.

    I really appreciate your help,
    Daniel
  • I've fixed the bug ... oh it was so simple, but so wrong. I don't usually do this but because this is basically an outgrowth of the the other problem that 1.1.7 was designed to fix "Blogger Posting Is Broken" ... I just decided to keep the 1.1.7 version and update the build number. I'm running through version numbers too quickly today :(

    So if you do a "Check For Update" from MarsEdit now, you should see a new version available: 1.1.7 (247).

    Install and relaunch and your problems should finally be solved.

    Thanks for your patience,
    Daniel
  • That seems to have done it. Thanks for the quick turnaround. I'll probably register when my 30 days are up :)
  • I'll try to keep you bug free until then :)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!