WordPress Featured Thumbnail
  • I have read before that there is nothing in place to select this in WordPress, but digging into the WordPress database there is a field called _thumbnail_id, and all that happens is WordPress populates this with the corresponding attachment_id of the image you want as the Featured Thumbnail i.e. http://your-website.com/wp-admin/media.php?attachment_id=727

So in this instance 727 is the attachment id and putting this in the _thumbnail_id makes that the Featured Thumbnail, so my question is: Is there a way in Mars Edit to get WordPress to report back what the attachment_id is ???

• I haven't looked deeply into this yet. MarsEdit doesn't have access to the WordPress database, but just to whatever information from the database is exposed by the WordPress API. It's on my TODO list to look more carefully at what my options are for enhancing MarsEdit to control featured thumbnail, but I haven't had a chance to research this yet.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!