My Top 3 Feature Requests
  • First of all, as others have said here, thank you for moving MarsEdit forward!

Here are my top three feature requests:

[1] the ability to post a "scheduled" post to an MT blog. The idea is that you can embargo a couple of posts which appear at the site and in your feed later on in the day, or next week or whatever.

http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/docs/3.3/04_posting_entries/scheduled_entries.html

[2] integration with iPhoto for posting photos (this has been requested by another poster but I wanted to get my vote in too!)

[3] a hierarchical display of categories and subcategories which mirrors the display on an MT blog. (this was also requested by another poster but for WordPress)

http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/docs/3.3/a_template_tag_reference/subcategory/mtsubcategories.html

Thanks very much!

-Peter
  • Hi pcook! Thanks for the feedback. I'm always looking for ways to extend the functionality of MarsEdit. Many times unfortunately it turns out that the interface doesn't allow what we ideally would like.

In particular for the "future posts" idea I'm not sure whether the Movable Type *remote* API allows this. To be honest I'm not 100% confident about this API yet, so if you have information to the contrary, please let me know.

I'm definitely going to be looking into providing some kind of "iPhoto Browser" for a future release. Thanks for casting your vote for this feature :)

I am hoping to provide hierarchical support for categories on systems that it support them, at some point (hopefully sooner than later!).

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you're excited about MarsEdit moving forward.

Daniel
  • The nastiness that goes into getting MT to post things in the future involves setting cron jobs just to check if there's something to post. The only way to get it to work (without setting a cron job on your Mac) would be to have MarsEdit running at the time you want the thing to post, with an internet connection blah blah blah.
  • please, please, yes, add the iPhoto integration!!

It's the only reason for which I continue to use ecto which is otherwise an awful piece of software!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!