Feature Request - change authors
  • Just to re-iterate a request I made a long time ago. It would be great to be able to change the author of a post through MarsEdit. About 40% of the posts I do on TeleRead come from other authors who send their stuff to me for reposting. It's a real pain to have to post in MarsEdit as a draft and then go into WordPress and change the author and publish it. It adds a lot of extra work for me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get the time to add this feature.
  • Thanks for the reminder. It's still on my TODO list but it doesn't hurt to have attention rekindled from time to time.
  • As a workaround I've setup the same blog several times from my most posted usernames, but agree that this feature would help.
  • I'd also love to see this in a future update. I administer four Wordpress blogs for university teaching, and require all my students to post to them regularly; so I'd love to be able to sort and filter the posts by author.

Thank you!
    ~Michael
  • Is there a way to select the author of a post? I prepare posts for a lot of different contributors to Boing Boing, and this would be a huge help.
  • Hi Frauenfelder - I'm sorry, this is not something MarsEdit can handle right now. It's on my list for a future enhancement, but I don't know when I will get to that. I know it's a big letdown for a workflow like yours. Depending on how important it is, you might look into the possibility of developing a WordPress plugin that would e.g. map the presence of a specific category, tag, or a custom field value to indicate that it should be automatically set to a specific author as well.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!