Jimdo Blog ?
  • Has anyone ever set up MarsEdit to post blog entries on Jimdo? If so, how does it work?

THANKS.
  • Hi - I hadn't heard of Jimdo before but I took a look and set up a test account there. So far I haven't been able to find any information about whether it supports an API such as the ones MarsEdit uses to communicate with blogs.

If you want to get in touch with them to ask about it, the key thing to ask would be whether Jimdo supports an API such as MetaWeblog or AtomPub for editing content on the site.

Daniel
  • Thanks for your reply. Since I wrote the post, I have come to believe that they probably don't. I will inquire; but their blogging platform really seems to be very unconventional. In fact, even though I plan to use them for a website, I believe I will host my blog elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, this brings me to another question. I am not especially fond of WordPress or Blogger. I am considering TypePad or Posterous and am open to other suggestions. Do you have a recommendation? Which works best with MarsEdit?

Thanks so much for your help.
  • To be honest I think WordPress and Blogger probably work the most feature-complete and reliably with MarsEdit. Posterous, since you mentioned it, currently doesn't work at all with MarsEdit, so you would be out of luck there.

TypePad should be perfectly functional with MarsEdit but may be lacking some of the nice modern features of WordPress such as the ability to add categories on the fly from MarsEdit.

At the end of the day, the title and content of your posts are the most important things, so whichever blog system you settle on, if it is supported by MarsEdit at all, will probably be effectively manageable.

Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!