Is there a schedule to post in Mars Edit?
  • I know blogger has the feature post to schedule on their posting interface, which is convient when I want to type up a post and have it posted the next day when I am away from the computer. I wondered if Mars Edit had it too? and if it did where can I find it.
  • jemjem
    Accepted Answer
    Yes, go to the "Post" menu, then "Edit date" and change the date to whatever date you want. Note that some blog platforms might not allow changing the date but if you're using WordPress this should work without a problem (at least it have worked for me :) )
  • Daniel JalkutDaniel Jalkut
    Accepted Answer
    jem is right - but it's important to note that there is a bug in MarsEdit currently where this date is not saved when you save a local draft. So to schedule a post you edit the date just before sending it to the blog.

And yes, not all servers work this way with the future dates. But Blogger should work.

Daniel
  • Thank you everyone for your replies, I found the option for the edit date and I am really pleased :D
  • Thats helped me as well. Thanks
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!