Is MarsEdit conflicting with my Markdown plugin?
  • On multiple wordpress installations I am using the Markdown on Save Improved Plugin ^1 in order to allow me to write and edit all the pages and posts in MultiMarkdown. This plugin is supposed to default all posts emailed and done with API to markdown but whenever I post with MarsEdit markdown is disabled in the post. Is there anything in MardEdit that is forcing it to read posts in HTML?

I'm not completely sure if this is a MarsEdit or plugin problem but I thought I would start here since I had another problem/question.

^1 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/markdown-on-save-improved/
  • I am currently working with the plugin developer about this. It's likely more about the plugin than MarsEdit
  • Thanks for the update! Please let us know how it turns out.
  • The problem isn't posting with MarsEdit, it's sending to blog when the post is marked as a draft, which is what I do so that I can make posts private. We have a better idea of what the problem is but not what the fix is.

It's more of a big annoyance than a problem at this point.
  • Gotcha - thanks for the info. Sounds like the plugin is not "doing its thing" when the post is a draft, and then doesn't know to catch up later when it turns to a published post?
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!