Movable Type and custom fields?
  • I am trying out MarsEdit for my Movable Type blogs, and so far am very happy. The only thing I haven't been able to get to work are the custom fields. Does it work at all for MT? If so, how exactly do I have to configure it?
  • The last time I checked I don't think Movable Type supported custom fields in their API. However, that could have changed since then. Which version of Movable Type are you using? I'll do some research and try to figure out where they stand now with regard to custom fields.
  • Is there any info on custom fields support in movable type? I would love to use movable type for my blog but not being able to use custom fields with marsedit is holding me back.
  • Hi - I haven't had a chance to research this yet. If you have a working installation of Movable Type with custom fields configured, I think the thing to do would be simply trying to configure those custom fields in MarsEdit and see if they work. If your MT interface to the custom fields shows underlying "field names" for the items, then you should be able to set these up in MarsEdit (under the blog's settings, in the custom fields tab), and then refresh the blog. If the custom fields are being found in the server response, they will show up in the custom fields of MarsEdit when you open a post to edit.

Also if you want to email me support@red-sweater.com with the contents of the Network Log from MarsEdit (from the Window menu) after you refresh, I will tell you whether it lists any custom fields in the content for the blog.

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!