Zemanta support in Mars Edit - Please reconsider? + additional feature request
  • Hi guys,

I'm testing out MarsEdit and it's really cool - apart from one lacking thing: Support for Zemanta images. That would really make my month!
    It would make it so much easier to have images at your fingertips for your blog-posts, and not having to search them all out first or add them later, when you have found the right one.

I've searched the forum and find posts like this one: http://www.red-sweater.com/forums/discussion/comment/10268#Comment_10268 which is quite old... And worthy of note is that recently Zemanta has been added to Google docs as well as support other types of blogging applications (but sadly those apps are for windows).

I seriously think it would be a great time to reconsider adding support for this, as that really would optimise the blogging experience for your customers, as well as be a great sales-point by now. Much have changed since 2011 ;)

Another thing that would be really cool, would be the posibility to share the post you have just written, via i.e twitter, facebook, google+ and/or linkedIn. Especially the first 2 would be my preference.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I'll most likely end up buying MarsEdit anyway, but I REALLY would love to see the Zemanta support inside the app. :)
  • Daniel JalkutDaniel Jalkut
    Accepted Answer
    Hi - thanks for the feedback. I have considered Zemanta and in fact met with a couple of great guys from Zemanta and we discussed options for supporting it in MarsEdit. Currently I think it will end up being something where I eventually support plugins in the app and Zemanta would be a great example of something that users could opt to add in. I am hesitant to build many things like this in to the core of the app for fear of cluttering things up.
  • That I can fully understand, but a plugin-feature would be just as great. And excellent if everyone can then just expand as needed. I'd be happy :)
  • Hey!

I'd just like to mention that you can share your posts via Twitter & Facebook on your Zemanta's Dashboard, where you can also see how many RT's and Like's your posts have received. Here's the link: http://prefs.zemanta.com/

Let me know if you need any further help or assistance — I'll gladly help! Here's my email address: support@zemanta.com

Best,
    Silvo
  • I would love to see this as well. It is probably the only thing keeping me from purchasing Mars Edit! :)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!