Bouncing Text Bug?
  • I'm having a really hard time getting a series of steps to reproduce this bug, but I think it has something to do with the window size. Every few keystrokes in the rich text view moves the text a little bit. I can solve it pretty reliably by resizing the window. Eventually, it comes back though. Here's an example:
  • Hmm, thanks for that. Pretty annoying looking indeed. I did some tests in split post mode like you are in and was able to get into a situation where e.g. with a 3-line high post arrowing to the top or the bottom of the paragraph caused a slight 1 pixel shift, but I wasn't able to get it to do it spontaneously as I am typing. I'll keep experimenting. If you do discover a more reliable means of producing the behavior let me know!
  • Daniel JalkutDaniel Jalkut
    Accepted Answer
    I sort of suspect this is tied to the use of the "split post" mode of the editor. In a future update I hope to dramatically redo the way the splitter works in MarsEdit which will hopefully iron out little details like this as well.
  • Sounds good, Daniel. I'll definitely let you know if I figure something out, but I'll be looking forward to your redesign. Keep up the good work!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!