I'm having some difficulty posting to a new account; XML-RPC services are disabled on this site?
  • I'm having some difficulty posting to a new account;

"Can’t post for Jxxxxxxxxxe because the server reported an error: XML-RPC services are disabled on this site. An admin user can enable them at http://jxxxxxxxxxxe.com/wordpress/wp-admin/options-writing.php.

And yet nothing seems to change when I've clicked on the following selections in the Wordpress Dashboard under >Writing Settings>Remote Publishing:
    Atom Publishing Protocol........................Atom Publishing Protocol Enable the Atom Publishing Protocol.
    XML-RPC................XML-RPC Enable the WordPress, Movable Type, MetaWeblog and Blogger XML-RPC publishing protocols.

Can someone advise please?

(incidentally I'm able to post to my other blogs)
  • Hi JezLF - the "XML-RPC" one is the important one. This may be obvious but may I ask if you have clicked the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of that WordPress settings page after checking the box?

If it's still not working after checking the box and saving changes then I suspect something else in your WordPress configuration is causing the error. Do you have any plugins installed that could be responsible for the issue?
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!