Supporting Google Blogger Pages
  • When configuring a Google Blogger blog in MarsEdit only "Posts" are configured (cf. Posts and Pages for WP). I was messing with configuring a new blog substituting "posts" with "pages" in the URL and it mostly works, which makes me wonder if it would be easy and worthwhile to enhance MarsEdit to support this properly.

I found that when publishing new "Pages" they are shown as "Hidden" in the Blogger control panel (and can be dragged up to make them active). I don't see an obvious way of controlling the hidden/unhidden property from MarsEdit. I also found that deleting a "Page" removes it from MarsEdit, but sometimes leaves it in an inconsistent state on the blog. The page seems gone, but it is still referenced in the title bar of the blog. Updates to existing pages seem fine, so it's not a huge deal given the frequency of page addition/deletions. Drafts seem to work.
  • Thanks for the note and for letting me know about all the things you already tried. It does sound tantalizingly close to functional. The last time I checked on page support for Blogger I don't believe it was supported through the API. I'll have to take another look when I get a chance. Maybe if this is so close to working I can inquire with them about whether they could push it the rest of the way to functional.
  • Any update on this? ^^
  • Hi bartlouwers - sorry, nothing to update on this front. Sorry, I know it's been an eternity now since I made the above comment but I haven't had a chance yet to follow up on it.
  • No problem Daniel. If you ever want to add this functionality: the 2.0 API only supported the get and list methods for pages, but the (new) 3.0 API seems to supports insert and update and the like for pages.

https://developers.google.com/blogger/docs/3.0/reference/pages
  • Haha. MarsEdit now natively supports pages and posts for Blogger. You just have to add your Blogger feed twice and change 'posts' in the settings of one to 'pages'. Not very elegant, but it works now thanks to the new API.
  • Oh well, would you look at that? It's a great workaround. Thanks for letting us know!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!