Blogspot can't post
  • Starting this afternoon I can't seem to post to blogspot from MarsEdit. Below is the RPC window contents. Yes I did notice a Word Verification on the Blogspot web New Post form, and I don't know when it was added (I've been posting via MarsEdit). I was able to post using the web form.

    The help page lists two reasons for the verification to be there, one is false positive spam detection, the other is High Volume posting. It doesn't define what high is, I post about 100 posts a month, this was my 3rd post today. The high posting reason apparently doesn't have a white listing review, does this mean I can't use MarsEdit? If so, maybe you will have better luck complaining to blogspot than I will. The page with info is: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42578

    Also I did this afternoon use the web interface to add a new label to about 53 posts. I've done this before and don't expect it to have any impact but I'm mentioning it to be complete. When I refresh the blog in MarsEdit I only see 5 (non-sequential) posts from May, some have this new tag some don't.

    RPC message sent: 2007-05-23 18:13:45 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    RPC reply received: 2007-05-23 18:13:45 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    Status code: 200
    Succeeded: YES
    Response text:
    [Google authentication information hidden for security protection]

    RPC message sent: 2007-05-23 18:13:45 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    RPC reply received: 2007-05-23 18:13:46 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default
    Method name: POST
    Status code: 201
    Succeeded: YES
    Request text:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>


    I Was Told Things Would Be Different.]]>
    MarsEdit


    Response text:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>tag:blogger.com,1999:blog-10162381.post-56299832893219455722007-05-23T18:13:00.000-04:002007-05-23T18:13:46.212-04:00 I Was Told Things Would Be DifferentI completely agree with Cenk Uygur in the Huffington Post, <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cenk-uygur/i-was-told-things-would-b_b_49141.html"> I Was Told Things Would Be Different</a>.Howard

    RPC message sent: 2007-05-23 18:13:47 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    RPC reply received: 2007-05-23 18:13:47 -0400
    URL: https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin
    Method name: Google ClientLogin Authentication
    Status code: 200
    Succeeded: YES
    Response text:
    [Google authentication information hidden for security protection]

    RPC message sent: 2007-05-23 18:13:47 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default/5629983289321945572
    Method name: GET
    RPC reply received: 2007-05-23 18:13:47 -0400
    URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/10162381/posts/default/5629983289321945572
    Method name: GET
    Status code: 404
    Succeeded: NO
    --Fault Error--
    Fault code: 404
    Fault string: Resource not found
    Response text:
    Resource not found
  • Your symptoms sound so much like this issue, that I think you must be running into the "can't post 50 entries in a day" issue.

    I followed up on that thread to confirm whether your label editing on the web interface would trigger the limitation. If it does, it sounds like your symptoms will go away after 24 hours. I suggested that Blogger increase the daily limit and/or not count simple tasks like applying labels as "posting."

    Apparently there is a bug where they are failing to send an appropriate error. At least when they fix that the reasons for this type of failure should be more apparent to MarsEdit users.

    Daniel
  • (Note also that the mailing list thread I linked to has a URL where you can request to have your individual daily limit raised).
  • Sounds like it could be, I'll wait till tomorrow to see.

    If so then I think labeling should not trigger the limit, especially as labels are a relatively new feature and people might go back and label past posts. Then again, it's probably just us anal types that try to get metadata accurate. :) If it is included then I agree with your conclusion that the limit be raised.
  • Waiting 24 hours (not just till morning) seems to have fixed it.
  • Good news! I almost meant to update this thread: the Blogger developers have confirmed that the label-changing counting against the limit is a bug that they hope to have fixed soon.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!