response code 404, what to do?
  • Can’t do get recent posts for Refuge Pointe because the server reported an error. The server returned an unexpected response code: 404..

I get that error everytime I try to post, I am using wordpress hosted at macdock.com. Macdock claims that the error is not not them and is either wordpress or marsedit. I can post to the site from the web interface so I think it must be marsedit. How do do I fix it so I can post?
  • Hi there - I'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of the problem. For starters can you gather an RPC Console log? This shows the detailed information about the network conversation between MarsEdit and the server.

1. Open RPC Console (from Window menu)
    2. Clear the existing log.
    3. Try again to refresh the blog from MarsEdit.

If you either paste that into the forum here, or else send me a copy by email, I should be able to make a more educated guess about what's wrong.

Daniel
  • I fixed it. I don't know what was causing the problem but I went to my server and deleted the redirection page a and that seemed to fix it. I can now post . It must have had something to do with the way the wordpress installer ind the redirection page or something because once I removed it and changed my preferences to read www.mysite.us/wordpress I could postost again.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!