Posting across multiple blogs
  • Fantastic product!
    Am wondering if there is a way to post "a post" to multiple blogs, without re-entering the text/data for each?
    I.e. "Send to Weblog" goes to my Blogger, Wordpress and Typepad blogs.

Smiles
    Daniel
  • This is not a MarsEdit solution, but at Wordpress you can import blogs from other blogs
  • Hi Daniel - there isn't an easy way to set up MarsEdit to "Multi-Cast" the way you're describing, all in one step. But you can take an existing post from one weblog, open it, change the weblog in the popup to another weblog, and then send it again.

If you do this a lot, you'll probably want to make it a bit easier by turning OFF the preference to "Close Window After Posting" (in Preferences/Editing). This way when you write a new post, you can quickly "send, change popup, send, change popup, etc." without the window closing on you.

Hope this helps!

Daniel
  • Thanks Daniel.
    Is what I'll do. for the moment.
    New term for me "multicast".

If I can put in a future request or on a wish list .
    Would be for MarsEdit to be able to multicast.

Reason is that I am building a blogsite for a company that spans wordpress, blogger and typepad(mt).
    Being able to multicast to all rather than import from each would be big plus for those involved in updating their blogsites
  • Thanks for the usage scenario. I will definitely consider this for a future release.
  • CooperDan said:
    Reason is that I am building a blogsite for a company that spans wordpress, blogger and typepad(mt).
    Being able to multicast to all rather than import from each would be big plus for those involved in updating their blogsites

Why not have one private blog where you post, then have the other blogs pull in the posts via RSS?
  • A huge +1 from us, if we could easily post the same article across multiple blogs in the one step.

@edalzell's suggestion of "Why not have one private blog where you post, then have the other blogs pull in the posts" would be brilliant for us. We'd pay money for that, as a Software As A Service subscription.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!