Small request... I think! ;)
  • Hi Daniel,

I had a small request for an upcoming update of FastScript:

Would it be possible to have labeled folders appears as such in the FS menu?
    I tend to file all the script rated to a givien project under each FS "Application" folder but would find lovely if I could navigate to subfolder by color rather than text... i know i am lazy that way, but that is also the reason I started scripting... ;)

Thanks again for a great product!

Michel
  • Hi Michel - interesting suggestion! I haven't heard this request before but it makes some sense.

I'm mainly concerned about whether the abundance of colors in the menu would look really weird. Are you thinking the text itself would change colors, or the background color? Or do you not really care as long as it changes? :)

I will definitely mull it over and start looking into how hard it would be to implement.

If anybody else is reading and has a strong opinion one way or another, please be sure to chime in along with your reasoning.

Daniel
  • Daniel Jalkut said:
    Hi Michel - interesting suggestion! I haven't heard this request before but it makes some sense.

Does this mean that my shrynk is treating for notting?

Daniel Jalkut then said:
    I'm mainly concerned about whether the abundance of colors in the menu would look really weird. Are you thinking the text itself would change colors, or the background color? Or do you not really care as long as it changes? :)

Might as well keep this as close as to how the OS is already doing it... By putting a rounded rectangle behind either the text only or the text and the icon.
    As to how weird it would look, just remember that each user will have the ability to "tone" the effect down (read do not assign labels) if it should prove "too weird". I just know that I tend to keep my menu quite tidied up and it would not look weird at all in my case.

Daniel Jalkut then said:
    I will definitely mull it over and start looking into how hard it would be to implement.

That is all I can ask for really! ;)

Daniel Jalkut also said:
    If anybody else is reading and has a strong opinion one way or another, please be sure to chime in along with your reasoning.

Daniel

You heard the man people... Do chime in! ;)
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!