Uploading multiple photos as part of a single photo post.
  • I am seeking assistance on how to load multiple images as part of the same post. I can do this in Tumblr but have not been able to do so from MarsEdit. I am using an evaluation copy v3.5.9 (5514). Here is an example of the kind of post I am talking about: http://grantrw.tumblr.com/post/53826243374/cotter-dam-open-day-sunday-23-june-2013
    Thanks and regards, Grant
  • Hi Grant - I got your email inquiry as well, but to reiterate what I said there for the benefit of any other readers:

This limitation is based on a shortcoming of Tumblr's API. In particular, they offer no means of uploading an "arbitrary image" apart from a "Photo" post. This is something, you probably know, they support in their web-based UI. I have asked them for support in the API, but so far no luck.

It couldn't hurt to drop them a line at support@tumblr.com and ask them to "support uploading arbitrary image files via the API for insertion in text posts."

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!