Markdown Extra Support?
  • Hi,

I'm interested in posting in Markdown Extra and was trying to find a way to preview Markdown Extra documents in MarsEdit. I have found a directory in MarsEdit.app/Resources/TextFilter, but I'm not sure if it's possible to add other filters, which are written in PHP. (Others are written in Perl.)

A thread in TextMate mailing list has a hint for me. But, I don't know what to do with MarsEdit. Also I'm curious if using a PHP file makes users feel noticeably slower than other filters that are written in Perl.

Any future support for this filter or other filters, built-in or in a way users can expand, would be appreciated.
  • HI Takaaki - you should be able to add your own Text Filters in

~/Library/Application Support/MarsEdit/Text Filters

Follow the same format as the others in there. I will try to make this a bit easier in the future. As far as php vs. perl, I'm not sure what the performance implications are, but you can write the script in any shell script, because MarsEdit just runs the script (put the right #! line in it at the top, pointing to the path of the scripting language interpreter).

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,

Thanks. It works now. Tha time lag of use of PHP isn't bad at all.

Thanks.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!