Missing Formatting Names with MT4
  • When I use the formatting drop down on the options draw (or on the preferences for a particular blog) I see this:

I'm using marsedit 1.2.1 (802) with Movable Type 4.0

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll look into it ASAP.

If it's not too much trouble, you could help a lot by capturing the RPC Console log while refreshing the blog:

1. Open RPC Console from the Window menu. Clear it if it's not already empty.
    2. Refresh the blog.
    3. Copy/paste the content into an email to me.

It sounds like MovableType might be sending garbage values for the response to the "mt.supportedTextFilters" call from MarsEdit. If you are adventurous you could scan the RPC Console for that call. This is what it looks like against MT3:

Request text:
    <?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\"?>
    <methodCall>
    <methodName>mt.supportedTextFilters</methodName>
    <params>
    </params>
    </methodCall>

Response text:
    <?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><methodResponse><params><param><value><array><data><value><struct><member><name>label</name><value><string>Convert Line Breaks</string></value></member><member><name>key</name><value><string>__default__</string></value></member></struct></value></data></array></value></param></params></methodResponse>

I'm interested to see what MT4 is including in the response text.
  • Here's the response -- looks like it is MTs fault. At least now I can figure out which is which!

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

label

CODE(0x8bfba60)

key

markdown

label

CODE(0x8c02dec)

key

richtext

label

CODE(0x8bfb9b8)

key

markdown_with_smartypants

label

CODE(0x8c02de0)

key

__default__

label

CODE(0x8bfbae4)

key

textile_2

• Thanks! I ended up confirming the same behavior on a test blog on my machine, and have reported it as an issue to MovableType. If I hear anything back from them I'll be sure to update here.

In the mean time I guess ... hang in there :)

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!