HTTP Basic Authentication
  • I'm starting to return to Mars Edit for a couple of my blogs. On one of them I'm being asked to enter my "HTTP Basic Authentication" username and password. I don't remember setting this, and Google has been of much use. I've looked in my .htaccess file and can't find anything referring to this, and I'm stumped as to where this is set and how I can change or disable it on my site.
  • Hi Barry - because of the nature of this - being specific to your site and possibly security settings, you might want to follow up with me in private via support@red-sweater.com.

MarsEdit is prompting for the HTTP Password because of some specific reply from your blog, or from something standing between MarsEdit and your blog. I.e. it could be your ISP, your blog server's hosting company, or some plugin installed on the blog.

If you can capture the network log it might help me to pinpoint the problem.

1. Open MarsEdit
    2. Select Window -> Network Log from the menu bar.
    3. Clear the log if it's not already empty.
    4. Try to refresh the blog again from MarsEdit.
    5. Copy the network log contents.

It would probably be best to email me this instead of trying to post it here.

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!