Converting line breaks in preview
  • Hi,

I've been searching through the forum and haven't found an answer. The problem I'm having is with line breaks inside
    . In order to properly display my entries in MarsEdit I have to use the convert line breaks option from the preview windows, which is fine, but it seems MarsEdit is also converting line breaks in pre-formatted text. I would expect that pre-formatted text is not treated by MarsEdit because as far as I know, line breaks are implicit in pre-formatted text. Am I wrong?

By the way, I have followed the guidelines explained in the "Perfect Preview in MarsEdit" post and preview looks just great now!

Thanks for this great piece of software!

Best regards,

Aleix
  • Whoops! That's a defect in the filter, for sure. The Convert Line Breaks script is actually pretty "dumb" right now ... you can take a look at it in

[Home] -> Library -> Application Support -> MarsEdit -> TextFilters

So it just sort of looks for double-returns and replaces them wherever it can :) I guess it should be a little more aware of the HTML content and avoid doing that inside
     tags (and probably other places as well).

I apologize for the inconvenience but until I get a chance to fix this I guess it will just have to be a nuisance to put up with.

If anybody beats me to the punch and has an updated version of the script to share, please let me know!

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!