Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Converting line breaks in preview

edited September 2007 in MarsEdit
Hi,

I've been searching through the forum and haven't found an answer. The problem I'm having is with line breaks inside
. In order to properly display my entries in MarsEdit I have to use the convert line breaks option from the preview windows, which is fine, but it seems MarsEdit is also converting line breaks in pre-formatted text. I would expect that pre-formatted text is not treated by MarsEdit because as far as I know, line breaks are implicit in pre-formatted text. Am I wrong?

By the way, I have followed the guidelines explained in the "Perfect Preview in MarsEdit" post and preview looks just great now!

Thanks for this great piece of software!

Best regards,

Aleix

Comments

• Whoops! That's a defect in the filter, for sure. The Convert Line Breaks script is actually pretty "dumb" right now ... you can take a look at it in

[Home] -> Library -> Application Support -> MarsEdit -> TextFilters

So it just sort of looks for double-returns and replaces them wherever it can :) I guess it should be a little more aware of the HTML content and avoid doing that inside
     tags (and probably other places as well).

I apologize for the inconvenience but until I get a chance to fix this I guess it will just have to be a nuisance to put up with.

If anybody beats me to the punch and has an updated version of the script to share, please let me know!

Daniel