Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audio sent to iTunes

edited January 2007 in FlexTime
Hi,

Love the application, and it just keeps getting better. Just thought I'd report something. When I send audio to iTunes, if the last routine has a sound playing at the finish iTunes doesn't play it.

I've tested with two different routines. I've found the workaround of just adding another 1 second routine at the end.

Comments

• Hi zenrain! Thanks for the feedback. I guess FlexTime has a more concrete sense of the routine's ending when it's putting it into audio, huh?

In some sense I think the routine should end abruptly, in case it's rhythmic and is being repeated in iTunes or something. But then again, if the routine has a sound at the very end, then maybe it's reasonable to assume that it's not a rhythmic repeating routine?

Daniel
  • Not sure about the rhythmic repeating routine. For one of them, that's right, it's a 20 minute time with a ping at the end and then it's finished. For that, I just added another routine with no sounds at the beginning or end, and it worked just peachy.

The other one is a stretching routine, so it's a 30 second routine with a ping at the end to signify that position is done, and a 7 second routine to allow me to change to another stretch and ping at the end for the start of the next stretch. This is repeating, so I set it to repeat one in iTunes before I play it.
    I modified that to play the ping at the beginning of the 30 second routine, and a ping at the beginning of the 7 second routine, which resolved it.

Anyway, perhaps more of an explanation than you wanted. :D

Another quick question. Do you have any sample scripts for flextime? Didn't see any in the forum or on the site, but I just wanted to get some idea's on what they would be used for.
  • I don't really have any scripting examples at hand aside from this one I blogged about:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/225/random-length-flextime-activities

In general I think the usefulness of scripting with FlexTime is in programatically creating a routine like that one does, or in automatically starting/stopping one or more FlexTime routines at the same time.

Hope this helps!