FastSpripts + Assign Projects >> Error -1728
  • Hi. I installed Fastscripts and GTD Assign Projects.
    FastScripts works shows up and preferences can be set. When in Entourage I want to assign a project using ASSIGN PROJECTS script, I receive an error message from FastScripts:

Error number: -1728
    Message: „System Events“ hat einen Fehler erhalten: „menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "Microsoft Entourage"“ kann nicht gelesen werden.

Translated to English it says something like:
    Message: „System Events“ received a failure: „menu bar item "Edit" of menu bar 1 of application process "Microsoft Entourage"“ can't be read.

I downloaded Assign Projects from:
    http://www.earth2adam.com/entourage-gtd-assign-projects-mouse-free/

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks.
    Tibor
  • Hi Tibor - this sounds like more of an issue with the script itself than with FastScripts. But maybe I can help.

Do you have a"access for assistive devices" enabled? I don't know what it would be called in German, but it's in the Accessibility preferences pane, near the very bottom.

It looks like the script you're running might rely on this to do its tricks.

Daniel
  • Hi Daniel,
    thanks for quick reply. Yes, "access for assistive devices" is enabled. When I get the error message, I have 2 options: "Close" and "Edit Script".
    If I klick on Edit 'Script, it tells me thaqt this script is not possible to edit as it's executable only.

tibor
  • It sounds like the script was possible written for a different version of Entourage, or perhaps if you're running Entourage in German it is throwing the script off.

I recommend getting in touch with the script's author and asking if they can help you figure out what's going on. Since they didn't include the script source (can't edit), it makes it hard to debug on your own.

Daniel
  • Thank you very much for your help. I will do as you recommended.
    Tibor
  • Hi. It was exactly as you suggested. I'm using a German version of Entourage. I got in contact with
    Adam Sneller from "Entourage GTD: Assign Projects 1.0".
    He was so kind to send me a scrict for Entourage German version.
    So great. It works perfectly.
    Thanks!!!!
    Best regards
    Tibor
  • Great news! Thanks for letting us know about the resolution.

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!