Roadmap
  • Congratulations on the acquisition of MarsEdit. I see that people have beaten you to punch, starting in with the feature/help requests even before you got around to posting the announcement here. *grin* Well, I'll jump in too. MarsEdit has some stiff competition now, and as many have stated, you've got your work cut out for you. I don't have any feedback on the application itself (yet), but would really love to see, at your convenience, a product roadmap. Certainly you're still getting your head wrapped around it yourself, but when you can, I'd like to know what you've got planned for MarsEdit.

I'm sure that at least some of that information will be kept under wraps. Ideally, I'd just like to have some idea of when we can expect MarsEdit to be "caught up" so that those of us who haven't yet invested in a desktop blogging client (but are sort of chomping at the bit to do so) can determine whether it's worth continuing to consider the application's competitors. For example, if we're looking at 1-3 months of development, I might explore my open source and/or freeware options in the interim; but if we're looking at 6-9 months of development before we see substantial changes, I might consider another alternative altogether.

Thanks very much!
  • Hi justG! Thanks for stopping by and adding your comments. I can appreciate the desire to get a sense for where things are going, and to the extent that I can do so, I will gladly share such details. I'll try to come back to this post in a couple weeks when I hopefully have a better sense for things, and what I'm going to prioritize working on.

Daniel
  • That's lubly. Take your time! I look forward to your response.

- Gita
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!