I’m happy to announce MarsEdit 1.1.4, which includes a number of minor fixes, and adds support for “New Blogger” weblogs which use Gmail authentication.
Actually quite a lot of little changes went into this, making it a pretty significant update. The Blogger support was top on my priorities, but as I was working on that, little fixes popped up left and right, so I made as many of them as I could.
- Blogger Support! Autodetect of a Blogspot blog should now detect “New Blogger”
- RPC Log Fixes
- Add more RPC detail to the log
- Increased maximum size of RPC Console log for debugging large fetches
- Weblog Settings Fixes
- Fix keyboard tab-cycle in Weblog editor dialog
- Fix autodetection for Blogger & WordPress
- Minor changes to layout of dialog
- Be sure to always use latest dialog edits when “Auto-detecting”
- Enclosure Editor
- Minor changes to layout of enclosure editing sheet
- Fix bug with Enclosure URLs involving 302 redirects
- Changes to Help
- Fix indexing
- Add information about “New Blogger” type setup
- Add top-level link to “Getting Started” page
- Bookmarklet changes
- Fix to handle 2-byte characters and other non-ASCII correctly
- Add support for advanced “marsedit:” URL parameter “&weblog=BlogName”
- Autosave improvements
- Mark rescued documents as dirty to avoid accidental loss
- Fix a problem where autosave document could get stuck and always cause warning
- Blosxom Specific
- Improve performance on Blosxom blogs with lots of directories/files
- Fix bug preventing drag-reordering a weblog to top of weblog list
- Update “Starting a Weblog” window to simplify choices for new users
- Fix a crash that could occur connecting to an unsupported blog system
- Fix a small memory leak in Keychain password retrieval
- Fix the blog editor window to – Make sure the “advanced” tabs go away when switching a post to a less feature-ful blog
Wow – that was a lot! I have to admit I’m a little bit nervous, but I think overall the release is going to be a lot more reliable and stable for people, especially those just getting started.
Please let me know if anything comes up.
Update: I forgot to mention that the fix for UTF-8 characters in the bookmarklet was accelerated by looking at the bookmarklet for WebnoteHappy. It was doing things correctly and I … was not. Thanks Luis for providing a ready example that lead me down the right track!