Still in trial period, but so far I do like MarsEdit. A couple of questions (self hosted WP blogs using rich text editing).
- Is there a way to do a startpost/endpost? EG, I often have numerous notes about a post that I keep in the beginning of my document and then put graveyard text that I may still use at the end. This is particularly critical for posts that get routine updates over time.
- Similarly, is there a way to do inline notes that aren't published?
- Is there a way to sort Local Drafts by last modified date instead of created date?
- Post management. If I open a published post, make some mods, then save it unpublished, it saves to Local Drafts. So far, so good. If I forget that I've made these mods and again open the published post, there does not appear to be anything that warns me and asks if I want to open the published post or the more recently modified version in Local Drafts. ??
- I have occasionally ended up with multiple versions of the same post in Local Drafts and in one case they have the exact same timestamp.
- Is there a way to create multiple draft folders (eg, one for each blog)? Or, can I have multiple instances of MarsEdit, one for each blog?
Sorry if these are basic and have been covered elsewhere. My feeble searches and antiquated tech ability haven't provided answers to these.