MarsEdit 1.2 is now available for download (or just “Check for Updates” from the app). This is a free update for all registered MarsEdit users.
Three relatively big changes in this release:
Growl support. MarsEdit now triggers Growl notifications after publishing, refreshing, and uploading an image or file.
Picasa image uploads for Blogger.com. This is pretty transparent. Just select your Blogger blog as the upload target from Images & Files, and MarsEdit will pop the images into a MarsEdit album in your Picasa Web Albums account. Note that Picasa only accepts JPG format images for upload.
Vox support. Currently a bit limited by the Vox implementation of Atom Publishing, but a welcome start for you Vox users who are tired of blogging through the web interface. Main limitations right now are you can’t edit or delete previous posts, and you can’t upload images.
On top of that we’ve got a few smaller enhancements and fixes:
- Edit Date panel now defaults to existing post date if it has one
- Context menu item for “Copy URL” when control-clicking a published blog post
- Workaround for MovableType bug that could cause incorrect timezone offset
- Fix memory leaks & improve performance of Images & Files window
- Images & Files upload target now defaults to currently selected blog