No Wall Street Journal this week
  • I wasn't able to access this week's (March 5) WSJ puzzle even though the PDF was available on their website. Is the WSJ no longer supporting the puz format?
  • The WSJ actually doesn't publish in the puz format themselves. The puzzles are converted by another site where Black Ink downloads them from. Hopefully other site is just having a delay in updating the most recent puzzle.
  • Daniel Jalkut said:
    The WSJ actually doesn't publish in the puz format themselves. The puzzles are converted by another site where Black Ink downloads them from. Hopefully other site is just having a delay in updating the most recent puzzle.

I think they were just late -- I got mine.

OOPS! Just realized it was last week's WSJ Puzzle. Sorry. Same problem with the Philadelphia Inquirer -- last week's
  • Yeah. Seems like those two (Philly and WSJ) haven't made it yet. Much later than usual for the WSJ.
  • And they aren't available on Monday @ 2 PM EST either. Their Across Lite formatter must be broken or they've decided to monetize their puzzles (as the NYT does).
  • I think there is just one person who does the Across Lite versions unofficially. It seems likely to me that they are either taking a break or got otherwise occupied this past week. Hopefully they haven't given up on it!
  • Still the old puzzle today. Does anyone have any news on the Wall Street Journal Friday puzzle?
  • It does appear that the WSJ Sunday puzzles are no longer available on-line; 26 Feb seems to be the last one. The Philadelphia Inquirer is in the same boat.
  • Update: Black Ink 1.1.9 is now out, which automatically fixes the URLs in question:

Check for updates from in the app, or download it directly from the site:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blackink/

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!