Blogger templates
  • The new Blogger lets you download the template (I use one of the defaults) as an XML file. Is there an easy way to reformat that for ME's preview?
  • Interesting, I didn't know about this download feature. I just took at a peek for the template on, for instance, my MarsEdit test blog.

It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to the ME Preview, but it will probably take a little HTML knowhow. See how it has all those and tags in it like:

<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>
    <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>
    I'm pretty sure those are all custom Blogger additions, so a normal HTML viewer wouldn't know what to do with them.

All in all I think it would be easier to just take a look at the actual rendered page (your blogspot page) and work from that to build a ME preview template. You'll still need a little HTML know-how, but for instance start with a singl-post view like:

http://marsedit.blogspot.com/2007/03/implicit-breaks-newlines-from-blogger.html

View the source in your web browser and copy/paste the HTML into ME. Then you'll want to go find all the post-specific areas and rip them out, replacing them with ME template tags like "#body#" and such. Use the little popup in the template editor in ME to help with this.

As long as you can find the text for the post, it's pretty easy to delete it and replace it with #body# and have a pretty good start.

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!