Superscripts and Subscripts with MarsEdit
  • Hi Folks,
    Is there an easy way to incorporate superscripts and subscripts from the rich text editing pages? I can swap over to html mode to add the and tags, but it's rather awkward when writing a detailed, technical blog post. Thanks in advance for your help and advice!
  • Hi - I was going to recommend the new rich-text-mode formatting macros for this, but I just tested them out and there are some gotchas that I need to address. It's possible to customize the formatting menu with "Customize‚Ķ" at the bottom of the menu, but when I tried to make one to e.g. insert a <sup>#asktext#</sup> for arbitrary superscript, it didn't work exactly as I hoped, putting in a small-sized font but not elevating it as expected.

Another issue I noticed with the new rich text formatting macros is it's too easy to get "stuck" in the new format, without an obvious way to get out. For instance, I was stuck in the new small font format and couldn't escape back to regular paragraph text.

These are two issues I need to look into, so I can't really recommend a solution at the moment, but if you want to play around with the custom formatting macros you might find a workaround. Sorry this isn't more streamlined at the moment.
  • Thanks for the quick response -- I'm glad to hear it was more than just my lack of technical expertise. Looking forward to seeing what you get figured out!
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!