“Could not determine blog configuration from web page content.” Wordpress.org and MarsEdit
  • I’m a mac blogger and am having some trouble setting up MarsEdit with my Themefuse Writer template for wordpress.org.

I keep getting an error message that says “Could not determine blog configuration from web page content.” I enabled my blog for remote publishing (XML-RPC setting activated) but no dice.

I've heard so many great things about MarsEdit, I can't wait to test it out. Thanks!
  • my blog is at tapdraw.net, FYI.
  • Hi Pat- it looks like the theme is masking the "autoconfigure" information that MarsEdit needs to get hooked up to the blog. The easiest solution, if it works for you, would be to switch the theme temporarily back to some other more basic theme like one of the built-in WordPress themees, then set up MarsEdit, and then set the theme back.

If that is not feasible for some reason, I can give you some advice about setting up the configuration manually, but that is probably the best/easiest way if you can do it.

Daniel
  • I have the same problem.
    I could not solve this problem according to your explanation.
    Please give me another solution.
  • Hi Shuji - I am happy to help. Please tell me the home page URL of your blog, if possible, as well as any information you can give me about the error you get from MarsEdit when you try to set up you blog.
  • Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply.
    The URL is as follow;

http://tanakashuji.jp

I am a Japanese and I have just begun to blog.
    And I am not good at English, so please take a look at youtube I uploaded.

This is the problem I have.
  • Shuji - thank you for sharing the home page URL. http://tanakashuji.jp/ doesn't appear to be a blog when I load it in the web browser (Safari).

In case it is not obvious, MarsEdit requires a blog installed on the server already. Something like WordPress, etc. Did you already install WordPress on your server? If so, what is the URL for the specific page on your site where the WordPress blog is hosted?

Daniel
  • Daniel,

Sorry for being late to reply.
    As I told you, I am a very beginner.
    So, I don't think I could set WordPress or another appropriately.
    I will set again from the beginning and I will tell you later again.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to using your app.

Shuji
  • Thanks, Shuji. Just let me know if I can help with anything when you get WordPress set up on the server side.
  • Daniel, I really appreciate it.

Shuji
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!