LiveJournal and Blogger questions
  • For LiveJournal, I set the number of past posts to download to 5000, which should easily get all my posts (which is what I want), but it only gets 30 regardless. Is there a way to fix that?

For Blogger, when I try to get it to retrieve past posts, it says "Invalid blog id error" and won't let me continue. Someone else had the same problem back in January, then said, 'All fixed!' and didn't tell anyone what he did. I'd like to know how to fix it.
  • Daniel JalkutDaniel Jalkut
    Accepted Answer
    Hi there - I believe that unfortunately LiveJournal sets a limit themselves on the server - I thought it was 50 but maybe it has changed to 30. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to work around this with LiveJournal.

The Blogger issue is something new. It appears Blogger has recently changed something that is causing MarsEdit to detect the blog settings incorrectly. I'm working on a fix for this. You can manually fix the settings in MarsEdit to alleviate the problem:

To open the blog settings in MarsEdit, open the Main Window, and find your blog in the list on the left side of the window. Double-click the blog icon to open the settings window.

Look at the current setting for the blog ID... it will be something like:

123&zx=941923d0-c6c7-4f00-bbd4-41927f70bf73

Where 123 is the blog ID and the stuff including "&zx" and everything after is garbage. What you want to do is change the API Endpoint URL and Blog ID settings so they include the correct blog ID and none of the garbage. So if your blog ID is 123, it would be:

API Endpoint URL: http://www.blogger.com/feeds/123/posts/default
    Blog ID: 123

Click OK and then "Refresh" the blog. It should work correctly now.

Daniel
  • Great, Daniel, thanks! That worked. I'll see if I can figure out the LJ "issue" on their side.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!