where are drafts stored
  • I have just created 2 blog posts in mars edit and have saved them as a draft within mars edit.

Where can I find them?

I've since found that I can save to the wordpress server as a draft but would like to find the originals i have arlready worked on.

thanks

Gavin
  • Hi Gavin - they are held in a special folder above your blog on the left side of the main window "Local Drafts."
  • Hmm...
    - how do I save to WP as draft (versus post)
    - what is the specific file path on my Mac where you store drafts?
    - how do i get to the drafts from MarsEdit (i.e.: I save as drafts then I don't see 'em to edit next time I am in MarsEdit).

I apologize if these are RTFM. Perhaps you can show me where I can quickly get the context so that I graduate from "absolute idiot" to "sorta knows what I'm doing" wrt MarsEdit. The paradigms you use are not obvious to me and I don''t have time to spend hours figuring them out (I realize they should be obvious and I apologize that they are not).

thank you very much.
  • Hi Margaret - if you haven't already looked at it, some of the paradigms are explained by reviewing the "MarsEdit Help" that is built in to the app. You can find it from the Help menu. It shouldn't take long to gloss over some of the "Solutions by Topic" to get a sense for where post options are in MarsEdit.

To answer your specific questions:

1. You can change the status of a post to Draft by clicking the Post Options button on the post editor, then select "Draft" from the Post Status popup before sending the post to your blog.

2. Local Drafts are saved on your Mac inside MarsEdit's "Application Support" folder:

[Home] -> Library -> Application Support -> MarsEdit

Note: If you are running on OS X Lion 10.7 or later, you can get to the "Library" folder by holding the option key while selecting Go -> Library from the Finder's menu bar.

3. You can get to the drafts in MarsEdit in the "Local Drafts" folder of MarsEdit's main window. They are not contained within the blog icon's hierarchy, but in a separate folder above your blog in the list.

Daniel
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!