how to delete images?
  • By mistake I uploaded a too-large image using ME 2.0, and not knowing how to delete the image from my server using ME, I used CyberDuck and deleted via FTP.

So, now I need ME to re-scan the /image folder on the server because now it shows images that aren't actually there; and I wonder if there is a way to delete images uploaded via the ME Media Manager?

Michael
  • Hi Michael - you've discovered a weak spot in MarsEdit's catalog functionality. I need to fix this.

If you're feeling technical you can "delete" it by editing the file:

[Home] -> Library -> Application Support -> MarsEdit -> UploadedFiles.plist

(Or delete it if you wanted to start over.)

Obviously this is pretty dumb. I apologize for the annoyance.

Daniel
  • Yes, you should be whipped, all right :-)

Recently I submitted a construction budget to a client and 'forgot' a $300,000 item!

There's another similar thread, though, so it looks like you haven't figured out how exactly to synchronize what ME knows about the remote folder. Isn't this a pretty simple FTP command?

Now you know just how little I understand about programming, I suppose :-)
  • Believe it or not there is no FTP involved in the images functionality. It's all part of the remote-editing interface for the blog.

Actually being able to support FTP is a separate request that I think would be very handy in its own right.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!