Adding new categories in 2.0?
  • OK, someone is going to have to explain it to me. I've been hearing that 2.0 will enable adding new categories if a given blog supports it. I haven't been able to find anything in 2.0 that resembles this. I was about to conclude that WordPress didn't support that in their API, but I've found references to doing just that here on the forum. Perhaps it's too obvious, but I'm not seeing it. Any tips? Thanks.
  • Rod - is it possible you're running a version of WordPress earlier than 2.2 ? That's when they added the functionality.

If you are running an earlier version, you might want to upgrade. After you upgrade, open the weblog settings in MarsEdit and click "Auto Detect Weblog Settings" again so it knows it's a 2.2 WP blog.

Daniel
  • Ahh! That's the problem. When I set up the blog the version available on my server was an older one and so I upgraded to a newer one--I thought. But either that was before 2.2 was released or it didn't upgrade right. So, off to do an upgrade... Thanks.
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!