Support for Ultimate Tag Warrior (UTW) ?
  • I really like Mars Edit a lot. Great interface, big time saver. I use it with WordPress.

However, I can't really use it (and justify buying it) because it doesn't have support for Ultimate Tag Warrior. I realize that you can't support every plugin out there, but UTW is by far the most popular plugin for tagging in WordPress. Unfortunately, WP doesn't have a built-in tagging mechanism so this plugin is the only (or at least the best and most popular) way to do it.

If I can't tag my posts, I can't use Mars Edit.

Help?

Ben
  • Hi Ben - there is a plugin for WordPress to make this work with the "Keywords" field in MarsEdit. See:

http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/2007/04/07/utw-rpc-13/

So if you don't mind installing a plugin, it should be pretty painless to get it working. Once you install it, you should be able to specify tags in the keywords field. Just show the Keywords field from the "View" menu in MarsEdit.

Let us know if this works for you!
    Daniel
  • Well, it looks like it's kinda working.

When I go to post through Mars Edit, and enter my UTW tags in the "keyword" field the post never shows up on the front page of my blog. If I go to the WP-Admin interface on my web site then I see my new post but it is marked as an unpublished draft. The keywords / UTW tags are there, but for some reason my post is only a draft and I still need to click the "Publish" button to make it show up.

If I disable the plugin that you suggested, and enter no keywords into Mars Edit, the post goes through Mars Edit just fine and I can see it on the front page.

Do you have any idea why Mars Edit is saving my posts as drafts when the keyword / tags are enabled?

Note: I am not clicking on "Save as Draft". I am using "Send to Weblog" only.

Thanks,
    Ben
  • Hi
    This was mentioned in a previous post

http://www.red-sweater.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=335

Culprit seems to be the plugin

HTH
  • Thanks! I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed...
  • Looks like it works! Thanks. I'm going to evaluate Mars Edit for a few more days. Looks like I'll probably buy it :)

Ben
  • Great news! Let me know if you run into any other hiccups.

D
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!