Suggestion for version 2.3.0
  • I have over 1700 scripts and handlers in over 300 folders in my Scripts folder. Somewhere around 30 of them have hot keys assigned, and it won't surprise you to know that I can't always remember all of them.

To find out what they are now I have to look at the contents of all the top-level folders in the FastScripts menu, or command-select any script and scroll down that list to see them (that window doesn't enable sorting by key). I'd love to have an AppleScript or menu hook for reviewing my hot keys quickly - as a menu item : "HotKeys" or 'tell application "FastScripts" to set {myKeys, ScriptName} to blah blah'
  • Great idea - I *am* planning a "view by shortcut" UI for the shortcuts preferences, but it's a great idea to expose the keyboard shortcuts by script. That would facilitate some cool scripting to handle this kind of thing.

I don't think I'll get to this for 2.3 but I am going to add it to the list for hopefully one of the 2.3.x releases.

Daniel
  • Looking forward to it, Daniel.

Adam
Start a New Discussion

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!